Saturday 22 December 2007

festive cheer

Well I survived the Christmas bash ....... only just. From the list of songs I remember 'Wake me up before you Go Go' , 'Fairy Tale of New York' and I did the mandatory 'New York, New York' arm in arm with many other suitably inebriated folk (like me), kicking my legs out in some sort of sequence. I had a great time it was fabulous catching up with the colleagues I no longer work with (I changed jobs this year to something completely different and I must confess I do miss my old chums. They are like my big brothers and I worked along side them for many years, plus they certainly know how to party)

So it is nearly upon us. I did the festive shop this morning. The supermarket was not as onerous as I thought, but hey they are are open 24/7 so plenty of time to spread the shopping out. The staff were very cheerful, can't say I would be with that never ending flow of trolley loads of food. The shoppers were also happy mostly at my expense though as I had the trolley from hell, wonky when it was full and a squeeky wheel to boot. The exception to the happy shoppers was the woman behind me in the queue who had a face like a slapped bottom as I struggled to pack my shopping (I have a damaged arm at the moment..... don't ask but it involved curtains, a window ledge and not taking care what I was doing .. a week and a half later it is still agony)

For me now the Christmas shop is firmly shut. No more pennies will pass through my fingers.
I need to do the big wrap & house tidy up for the family visiting Christmas day.

Off to see the Golden Compass on Christmas Eve. It is a bit of a tradition that we either go to the cinema or the theatre on Christmas Eve, then round to friends in the evening.
So.............................................

I would like to wish you all a great Christmas, peace and a healthy, adventurous 2008.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

CHEEEEEERS!!!! Pass the mince pies, would you?

A jolly happy Crimbo to you Ayeeeib, and to you Sunny!!

From the holly-decked halls of Woppit Towers

xxx

Randompom aka AEIB said...

Do you want some Brandy butter with that pie??

You have a great old Christmas too Mr Woppitty woo

I will pass on your greetings to Sunny she is in a PC free zone for a few days plus she is not too well with this 'flu bug

Woppit Towers is that like Trotter Towers hee hee

xxx

Daddy Papersurfer said...

Was the Golden Compass any good? I've read the books and I'm very fussy - I've had mixed reviews from 'real' people.

Randompom aka AEIB said...

I enjoyed the film but I haven't read the books yet. My 'er got them for Christmas so I am about to start to read them soon.
I liked the spectacle of the film, I enjoy that mix of eccentric inventions whilst set in what is like a Victorian era (does that make sense... probably not!) the Ice Bears where so cool (I want one!!)

Anonymous said...

I'm actually glad that the pennies passed through your fingers because Mummy Woppit used to put pennies in the Christmas pud. If one was not careful when eating it, the pennies would unfortunately then pass between other areas.

Randompom aka AEIB said...

How did you ever survive?
My Mum used to put little silver 6p's and Threpeeny bits (not rhyming slang either) into the pudding post decimilastion..... couldn't even spend the little devils even if you coughed one up later