Saturday 29 December 2007

clock ticking...........

It’s here again. Another end to another year.

I must be getting older as the years seem to fly by now or is it just the fact I try to pack so much in to 365 days?

This year has been no exception. The most marked event was a change in career. A whole new world and culture to come to terms with, I think I am settling in ok now, just getting used to a lot less salary. A new phenomenon budgeting and no more ‘lets go and designer shop’ on a whim. Oh well it is out weighed by the fact I now work 9-5 Monday – Friday, no more 50 plus hour weeks, no more staying away at a moments notice, no more working into the early hours.

I had promised myself a night school course with my new found freedom, which I didn’t do. I couldn’t quite make up my mind what to do. Learning a new language or becoming proficient in French, German or Greek again were the favourites. I guess I have just enjoyed the freedom and being a Mum coming home and cooking tea (a novelty which I must confess is wearing off now)

My ‘er has had a culture shock too, Mum being at home and now at the age where she really would prefer I wasn’t but me as a Mum of a ‘er of that age certainly prefer it!!

I have made a decision about 2008, however, something I want to stick to.

It has come about because I now sit behind a desk all day now (the first time ever in my working career) and that brings with it …. & I hate to say it ……… some extra pounds.

14 to be précis. What a difference those 14 pounds have made and they have to go.

On the 7th January I am joining a Yogalates class. I do confess I did have to look up what it is exactly and it seems it is a cross-breed evolution of Pilates and Yoga.

I am one of those people that has to join a class otherwise it won’t happen. I have a DVD shelf full of keep fit stuff. Cher, Tracy Shaw's Salsacise, Calanetics, Pump it up (nearly killed me!!!) to name a few and my Mum even found at a car boot sale a Green Goddess video ………….. noooooooo! There is just something so wrong about prancing around in you living room, breaking in to a sweat and being able to quit too easily because Corrie is about to start.

So for one hour a week I will be there in my joggers, focused and determined as long as they don’t interfere with my diet (I am happy with what I eat thank you).
It is a 9 week commitment so by Spring I shall be svelte like again.

That is one 2008 resolution.

The other is to do this (from a text my niece sent me)

Remember life is short, so break the rules, forgive quickly, kiss slowly, love truly, laugh uncontrollably and never regret anything that makes you smile.

Happy New Year

image from Prettybits.blogspot.com (thank you)

3 comments:

Daddy Papersurfer said...

Good luck, young Random. Just eat a little less on a regular basis and meet a sex maniac - that should do it.

Randompom aka AEIB said...

I had 'sex maniac' on my Christmas list but I must have been too naughty to get one .... it would definitely be more fun than bloody Yogalates

Anonymous said...

happy new year xxxxx