Tuesday 28 October 2008

no pressure....

No matter how old you get you still experience 'first times'.

As you grow there are your first steps, first teeth, first kiss, first love, first job, first hot curry, first breath of warm air as you step off a plane in a hot country, the first time you smell a fragrant flower......

I am about to experience a first next year.
My first art exhibition.


It has been in the planning for a good old while and now it is really going to happen......
The rooms are booked, the cabinet to display my work is reserved ... except I don't have any work yet, because it is still in 'the planning'.

The ideas are in my head and on scraps of paper that litter my computer area... as I get inspired I write a memory jogger...


The theme is 'Unsung Heroes'
& one of my scraps of paper simply says 'bloggers'

9 comments:

Daddy Papersurfer said...

When does this show have to be ready for!!!!!?!

If I do a show, which I'm now deliberately avoiding as it 'does my 'ed in', I get very anal, very early.

If you need a hand with sticking stuff, let me know ..... tee hee

sylvie d said...

oh...I have been there...don't worry it will be fine! let us see the stages of the show ....please :)...you must be excited!

tNb said...

How exciting! Looking forward to seeing your first exhibition unfold :-)

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! Next year! Sounds a long way off but will be here quicker than you know.
As a founder member of 'Procrastinators Anonymous' (which I was going to blog about but can't seem to get round to it), I can only advise...well, I'll think of something and let you know...

Randompom aka AEIB said...

Daddy P interesting question which I didn't know the answer to until this morning.... hanging plan needs to be ready by 5th feb, list of exhibits on 19th Feb.
The hanging is on the 5th March during the day with the PV that evening.... eeeek

Oh yes I could use your scissorshop skills lol.....

Randompom aka AEIB said...

Sylvie do you still exhibit? you know you should... I love your work

I will let you have a sneek preview at some stage... probably the stage just before showing.. I know I will be last minute

Randompom aka AEIB said...

tNb it is soooo exciting.... just worried I won't have the time to achieve what I want to do

Randompom aka AEIB said...

Diane ... gawd it ain't that long off if you include 'silly sason' that will be a few weeks of no productivity... I need a small studio
'Procrastinators Anonymous' does the WBC know about this?? lol

fracas said...

I've been snooping and am quite impressed! I'm sure it will all come together perfectly and be fractastic!

xo <3