Saturday 10 January 2009

On a cold and frosty morning...



Despite the rather cool nip in the air this morning, I decided to take myself, pup and camera to a park I have not visited in a long old while.
Wythenshawe Park.


In the centre of the park is Wythenshawe Hall built C1540. It is rumoured that there was an original building there before it, built in the 1300s but it burnt down.


Following the English Civil War the Wythenshawe estate increased to 2,500 acres. Today it sits in just 250 acres after the owner bowed to pressure from Manchester Council in 1926 and sold it to them as the council needed land. The land was then used to build one of Europes largest housing estates. I will say nothing much about Wythenshawe estate except it has an awful reputation for crime and poor housing


It was beautiful walk though.........

A couple of altered images from today

2 comments:

Daddy Papersurfer said...

Some of 'up Norff' is quite nice ain't it? Now tell me, what camera are you using at the moment? I feel in need of a new one ..... there's no rush - the pictures are still loading ........ tsk

Randompom aka AEIB said...

Daddy P oop Norff is lovely :-)

My camera is nothing that special just a Kodak Z740 but I love it and it has survived many dramas .. like being bounced on the floor a few times and dropped in sand
I would love a good digi SLR but that will have to wait a while :-)

http://images.amazon.com/images/P/B0007MVZ5A.01._SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg