Saturday 31 January 2009

finally.....

I have settled on the 6 unsung heroes pieces under construction for the exhibition......

Inventors
Explorers
Nature
Keeping the home fires burning during war times

Ancestors

Bloggers


'Ancestors' is done.... 'Nature' is in stage drying (which includes miniature photographs transferred onto course Thai silk).. ... I need crocodile clips for 'bloggers' so it will light up with a 9v battery... 'war time' is also drying but needs a lot of work... 'Inventors' is in need of some harsh sticking to make it stand up (mmm? not sure how it will work out?) .... & 'Explorers' is in its very early stages........




Must think up suitable words to accompany the pieces .. I can do that sitting on the train on the way to and from work .......
Ancestors is looking a bit like this (as the book was originally 'The Echo' )

'The Echo of those gone by
Those who were once was..
Their thoughts, their lives
Forgotten
Relived, revealed by the hunters
Who thirst to discover their secrets '

Everything needs tweaking ... including me lol

4 comments:

Daddy Papersurfer said...

That's a fab list - an excellent reflection of you and your interests. I suppose that the knitted balaclava might have been included - tee hee

sylvied said...

I hope you will live Twitpic the event!?...you must be very busy getting it all ready...how exciting!

Randompom aka AEIB said...

thank you Daddy P I now have to write the 'blurb' to go with the decisions I have made by next week!!... maybe I need will your waxing lyrical?

Randompom aka AEIB said...

hi S
oooo Random will have to join Twitter ? Maybe my mate 70s (;) ) could pass on the message .... very busy indeed and panicking after chatting to Sunny tonight and the glorious pieces that have been made by the other artists .. I will keep you posted ;-)