Friday 13 July 2007

Way Hey 'tis Summer

As I switched off my PC after surfing for the last half hour of work I distinctly had that TGF feeling after a week of meetings for meeting sake (nothing new there I guess).

Exiting my office with my trusty brolly friend erect I decided to not take my usual route to the railway station but to take a more covered track. Normally a great idea but was met with steps 3 inches deep in water. Not discouraged (as it is Friday and the weekend) I carried on.
As I stepped out of the covered area, old trusty brolly was beaten by a rather harsh gust of wind, try as he might he could not fight it (it was a brave well fought battle I can tell you) he turned inside out, upside down and all about, but died a death and I am afraid to say he is now RIP in a council bin some 100 yards from Deansgate Station. ( a few minutes thought for a trusted guardian who tried to looked after me in this great British summer!)

Noticed the time and had to do that oh so embarrassing ‘girlie run’ sans brolly, with handbag & M&S purchase flaying plus high heels tottering and skidding in order to catch my train. Thankfully, yes. I made it.
It’s rush hour and oh my there are seats available how unusual?
I sat myself down in a seat that could house a family of 3… result and got out my book for a melt down read!

Why were the seats free? Because the rain was p…p…p…pouring in through the train roof… what an advertisement for being Green and using public transport. Too proud/embarrassed to get up and move I endured a shower for the 15 minute journey (although I did manage to sit at a weird angle where the rain just missed me , looking like some poor soul with a serious piles problem)… I guess it amused the other passengers though! I may well be source for their enjoyment as they tell their friends tonight about ‘this mad woman that fell for the ‘wet seat’ on the train’.

Got off the train and descended the stairs to the subway, oh joy another 3 inches of water on every step.

Managed to get home dragging my legs flip flapping with jeans weighing 3 tonnes on each leg, soddened to the knee (thank god I have strong thighs!), plus my nether regions that were looking like I needed incontinence pants.

Ah finally I am home! Quick change out of the saturated shoes, jeans, jacket et al (and why did I even bother this morning with the GHDs?)… let the dog out into the back garden…… and lo and behold….Oh wow a gift from wherever something what I have always wanted ……..a pond in my garden.

Must get some Koi Carp tomorrow

Well it is Friday 13th

No comments: