Monday 23 July 2007

Proud??? You bet I am!

Tonight my 'er got an award at school. Yes I know I was amazed as the next person.
Don't get me wrong 'er is not a bad kid but has the 'er attitude off to a 'T' just now (& I am sorry but the influence of USA teen programmes has a lot to answer for, the head wobble and 'whatever' lights the blue touch paper with me) & it is taking much resolve not to put an ad in the national (no not local) press 'Free to a Good Home'

Anyhow tonight the prize wasn't bronze, nor silver and no not gold either ........ it was PLATINUM!! ( well blow me down)

When the 'er was asked 'why are you getting such an award?' ... the reply was 'coz I am good thats why!!!'

Nothing like being sure of yourself hey??

As my 'er sat with the top peers of the year in the assembly hall the pride started to well up in my heart. The 'ers name was called and the award was received with a handshake and an embarrassed smile.
The lump in my throat was huge and the tear in my eye was just sitting there ready to flood forth like a burst dam. I applauded modestly, as were my strict instructions (from 'er) but inside I was whistling, cheering and jumping for joy for all my worth.

It was a moment akin to that sack race... a proud mum loving every minute, every image of her child's life.

As we walked to the car I said 'Oh so well done darling, I am so proud!'

The reply was ' well that is the last time I am doing good at school, that was so embarrassing, I nearly died and Mr. ****** had such a sweaty handshake, it was gross'

BANG.... back to reality of living with an 'er .....but at least I am forewarned that maybe the first and last time I am invited to an awards evening

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oooo - you's going to be interviewed!
Sorry reading your comments now.
What was I going to say? ....... good you've added an 'other'...... brilliant.
Oh yes - thank you for adding me to your blogroll and popping into the FMB flimflam in your wedgies.

Randompom aka AEIB said...

Mike ... not sure if I want to be interviewed just now, as both Sunny & I have a mental block (or busy busy lives) just now...... but you never know we may just pop by sometime. Thank you for the invite AEIB

Randompom aka AEIB said...

Daddy Papersurfer what a pleasure to have you visit our humble blog!! 70steen put us up to creating a blog and Sunny is even more technophobe than I, so between us it is the blind leading the blind (but we are stumbling along... yes I even figured how to get on the FMB thingy!)
Love your blog it does make me laugh (but you are so cruel to my friend :-)) it is a delight to have you on our blogroll though.
Must dust down my wedgies for the weekend and I may pop in for a boogey this weekend. Do you know what the World record is yet?
Take care AEIB

Anonymous said...

No one has told me anything - nothing new there then.
70's deserves everything she gets - I think I'll get crueler!

Randompom aka AEIB said...

DP go easy on her she is great mate with a heart of gold