Tuesday 5 February 2008

times they are a changing


I had a great excuse to visit my birthplace today paid for by the company.
My birthplace is The European City of Culture 2008.... yes Liverpool. Of which I am very proud.

But what has happened? The skyline was just full of cranes, the streets were dug up with my well trodden short cuts blocked off with hoardings and men in hi vis jackets.
So much construction, disarray and dust.
The new arena is finished on the dock side but that is surrounded by a complete mess.

The glorious 3 Graces are shadowed by what is going on.
I didn't recognise my beautiful city anymore.
Maybe I should leave it a while before I return again when all the cranes have left.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

After many years I went back to my place of birth, Edinburgh. I went to the old pub wot I used to drink in. It had changed. I had huge difficulty getting served. I gave up when this mad bloke kept shouting at me to get out of his house.

Hospitality isn't what it used to be.

Randompom aka AEIB said...

I take it the pub is now apartments or did you randomly drink in some strange blokes house years ago ??