Sunday 24 February 2008

Whizzy garden birds

I have a studio at the end of my long elongated garden.
One wall is nearly an entirely window. Instead of working, I often use the studio as a bird watching sanctuary, especially at this time of the year. How lucky I am to watch at really close range little garden birds, right outside my window, where I am undetected. And not only is watching them truly an inspiration, but their birds songs are beauty itself.

Birds are Messengers from the gods, I wish I was in tune, literally with them, to understand their stories.
I should join a Twitchers group, but I could be the annoying one who keeps fidgetting in the hide (now that sounds a condition I need to see a doctor about).

Thanks to my chum AEIB who suggests the scent of flowers as a pick-me-up. Totally in agreement, my house is full of the smell of sweet narcissus, something my cat seems to enjoy too.

5 comments:

Randompom aka AEIB said...

Your studio is fabulous (particularly now you have some smart shelves hee hee). Such a retreat, it is like stepping in to another world of imagination and tranquility.

The flowers came from dear Fracas in Canada I was acting as Inrerflora :-)

Randompom aka AEIB said...

Interflora even!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

I've got a big bunch of lilies on the desk beside me. nothing quite like the smell of fresh flowers is there?

what's your favourite? mine's gardenia

Jeanette said...

My favourite spring flowering perfumed plant is Daphne, the tiny almost insignificant pink flowers hidden a woody shrub, perfume the air in a most shockingly delicate way. Flowers in the house, well I like Fresia's (I don't mean the cows by the way)....

Anonymous said...

i love freesias too. daphne doesn't do so well here, too hot