Tuesday 4 March 2008

i am hooked...

It is a terrible place to be being hooked. Whether it be Class A, nicotine, booze, exercise, veg, fruit, blogging or fast food.
Anything in excess is bad for you .. moderation in all things seems to be the key to a healthy life.

Imagine my horror when I have realised I am a junkie? Surely not me? Sensible, reliable, can be depended on aeib (aka random) .
Well yes it has happened.
So how did it happen? How did this state of dependency creep up on me?
That surely is the question I am asking myself?

In May 2007 something changed in my life. Luckily the dependency wasn't immediate then.
That happened over the last few months.

The month of May was when I got a puppy. No that isn't the dependency to which I refer more she is dependent on me. When I leave for work this little ball of fluff goes mental at the thought of her pack leader leaving, I have the daily 'catch the dog' exercise trying to get her out of the lounge, which is her favourite place because she can see out of the window and bark all day at people passing by.
I used to switch on the radio as I was leaving and she has learned that is a signal I am leaving (along with brushing my teeth, touching my keys and handbag & wow betide should I put a cardi or coat on!!)
So to combat the alert I have been putting the radio earlier than when I leave..... and that is when I became hooked.
I tried a few tactics, Radio 4 (no too stayed).. local radio (now Terry Christian is a wow with me on my way home but I reckon pup has not sussed that yet)
After listening to the Top 20 on Radio One one Sunday night I clicked the switch one Monday morning and came across this guy

Yes this is who is responsible

If you don't recognise him (coz I wouldn't in a month of Sunday's) this is Chris Moyles. (I thought he was actually called Andy Moyles??)
I have to listen to him on my way to work. His show is addictive. It's like being in an office with your most favourite sarcastic colleagues.. a world I have moved from last year and miss a lot!

I like it so much that I am darned well driving into City centre Manchester, sitting in nose to tail traffic just so I can hear out the show.... I don't have an ipod/mp3 so can't do the train bit & listen (my fellow train passengers would be delighted, as I know I can't be trusted with headphones and music or laughter... cos I know I will join in.... yes this has been proven )
Although I did venture on to the cattle cart today as Man U were playing Lyon so knew the roads would be gridlocked this evening .. how right I was !! but missed the show though!

I hasten to add it is car tomorrow just to hook up with Chris (or Andy) and his team!
Just want to add that Monday had me rocking with Brown Sugar & the seamless link ..... full volume on Deansgate ... fabulous

1 comment:

70steen said...

thank you for your concern but I earn enough already thanks