Thursday 13 March 2008

wind in my willows....



Yesterday in Manchester was the windiest day I have ever encountered. Not only was it blowing a gale but the rain was horizontal at times and so cold.
The streets of Manchester were littered with discarded umbrellas, I have never seen so many in my walk to work. It was like there had been an invasion of broken umbrellas from outer space, bins were full of different coloured ones and one pesky handbag sized spotty designed invader flew up and hit me on the shin, it had been left on the ground to perish .
What amuses me is who actually thought that their brollie would with stand 70 mile an hour gusts???

I relied on my jaunty hat to keep my hair in some state of normality but I was soaked by the time arrived in the office.

Yesterday also gave me one of the most bizarre sights which beautifully summed up British madness!
There was a bloke doing this!!

Three times he blew leaves out of a corner only for the power of nature to place them back again.
I think I would have just gone home and had a cup of tea as there was no way he was going to win

3 comments:

Daddy Papersurfer said...

......'yer but, they did done tell me to do it .... I fort it wos daft .... still there yer go'

Randompom aka AEIB said...

wow do you really speak like that??

Yep he didn't look like the brightest button in the box!!!

Anonymous said...

if i ruled the world I would ban leafblowers. what's wrong with using a broom?