Friday 20 June 2008

I consider that I am not a bad mother. I keep a good house. I work full time and have various creative projects on the go.
All in all I am busy woman.

In the early stages after divorce life was tough, one of the biggest juggling acts I have ever had to do, but on the other hand it was strangely easier too (no wet towels left on the bathroom floor, no shavings in the bathroom sink and the freedom to please myself)

The main two things I realised that my ex husband did was 1. take the bin out on a Tuesday and 2. water the plants. Not bad really.

Needless to say all the house plants died.

Imagine my horror when last year my teen announced she wanted some cacti. Oh no! Plants!
So not being a 'bad mum' I bought 6 tiny cacti from the local garden centre put them in cute little pots in the conservatory..... and that was it.

2 weeks ago I was cleaning the conservatory and getting it ready for the summer. (It is not used too much in the winter as it feels like the Antartic and in the summer like the Sahara Desert.)

I had completely forgotten about the cacti....... so imagine my surprise when I saw this



My kind of plants. What beauties!!

2 comments:

Daddy Papersurfer said...

Please don't mention this to the TG - I'm managing to appear quite useful apparently [he used to take out the bin AND water the plants!?! - blimey]

Randompom aka AEIB said...

I know what a fool I was letting a catch like that go!!! ;-)

p.s. Your secret is safe with me!