Wednesday 23 January 2008

blue monday?

yes I know it is now Thursday ... but I have been busy!

Blue Monday was a funny old day (not as in funny 'ha ha' but funny peculiar')
It started ok albeit a wet and miserable day.
It carried on being very wet and the banks of the River Irwell burst. It caused mayhem around the working district of Salford. Basements had to be evacuated and folk where stressing around the financial/legal quarters.
It could have been worse because C1857 when the banks burst coffins were seen floating down the Irwell. We only saw trees, debris and footballs (there are always footballs, plus the odd canoe and sofa)

The other 'peculiar' scene I witnessed was when driving out of the car park was this.
An ambulance hurtling towards me, flashing lights and sirens going, on the other side of the road. I slowed up as I could see that they would have to over take a vehicle on their side.
I also saw a woman in a red coat standing on that side of the road.
Suddenly she walked into the middle of the road ....... & stood face on to the ambulance and remained there.
the ambulance driver slammed on his breaks, as did I!
he stopped about 2 inches from her. His face was in horror (as was mine)
She walked to the side of the ambulance, banged it on the side and gave some 'non-vebal' communications with 2 fingers.

It has troubled me since this scene. I am wondering whether this girl had meant to end her days here and was angry that the ambulance stopped in time. Her actions were so deliberate and calculated. She disappeared out of view very quickly like a spectre into the distance.
I have surfed the 'net to see if I could find any information about a girl in her late 20s in a red coat but to no avail.

4 comments:

Daddy Papersurfer said...

I suppose stepping out in front of an ambulance could be a time-saving strategy.

Actually that does sounds rather worrisome.

Randompom aka AEIB said...

Yes it crossed my mind that she maybe cutting out the middle man. It was just one of those things that stays so visual in your thoughts

Jeanette said...

The poor girl had just seen 'Don't Look Now'. donned her red coat and was transported to Venice, reinacting the film...the ambulance driver crushed her dream but not her bones...maybe? Just a thought.

Randompom aka AEIB said...

This just confirms why we are friends ... you have such an alternative view of life than mine and vice versa ... good observation :-)