Tuesday 1 January 2008

is there a cure?

I know how to party I learned it at an early age, not sure these days, however, I could do it for 11 days as Sunny posted about the Babylon folk.

I partied hard last night along with millions of other people around the world.
My usual morning after the night before cure is a cheeseburger, fries & strawberry milkshake from McDonalds. Alas today I couldn't get one as the boys in blue would have had a field day if they had asked me to blow their equipment this morning.
The bacon butty and copious amounts of Earl Grey just didn't hit the spot as a second option.

Not one for watching TV I suppose I miss out on a lot of advice (although I feel my life is calmer not knowing a lot of the rubbish that is churned out on a daily basis) but I was held captive with the TV earlier today and the advice the pundits were giving to shake off the hangover was to get some exercise. Exercise? I haven't started yogalates yet!

Being only a mile from the beach I figured that was the best way forward. Coat on, dog at the ready and off.

Not a sunny start up here to 2008 but not a cold one either, just a nothing grey old day.

It was fabulous. I found there is nothing better than the sea breeze to knock the alcohol vapours out of your system. Not a surfing beach unless you are of 'Borrower' size, but to anyone that knows this coast to see the tide being well, tidal is rare.





& to cap it all the joys of taking home a very happy, albeit sandy, damp and smelly pup.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

The worst cure without a doubt is a large measure of warm vodka served in a cup.

Eeeeaaarrrgh.

Daddy Papersurfer said...

I, of course, hardly drank a thing and consequently had no need for a cure........... probably

Randompom aka AEIB said...

Mr W ..... warm vodka? What savages are out there serving such stuff?

Randompom aka AEIB said...

Daddy P...... mmmmmm why do I think that is a little white one??????

Daddy Papersurfer said...

Chardonnay? OK, if I must.

Randompom aka AEIB said...

oops I am all out of Chardonnay.... got a Chablis is that ok??

Kevin D said...

Chablis is perfect!

Anonymous said...

that pup is so damn cute :-)