Saturday 19 January 2008

the year of the......?

It is a new year. 2008. A new out look. A new 'look' maybe.
I am certainly looking to get fitter and lose weight oh and also to get stuck in to some art work.
Sunny I know is out to earn money through various projects and commissions.

But the common thing about us is to find a mate. Yes I know we are mates but we want a male mate. If we had inklings of a different nature then we would be sorted but we haven't so we are not. It is a tough call as how can a male meet the expectations of such independent females? Near impossible I expect.

It is a scary adventure I can tell you! These are the options!

Do you visit nightclubs in the wee small hours?
I have always made that my mantra if you weren't chatted up by 23.00 then after that the beer googles went on and the 'I don't care what they look like' has kicks in then Erm no thank you!!

Join a night school?
Now which one? Those full of males bird watching and twitching? Are they twitching because they want to be away from their wives? Mind you car mechanics, plumbing, carpentry does have a bit of an edge??

I have just started my Yogalates. There are only women there of 'various' shapes and sizes to say the least ... god I feel thin just going there. Result!

I must add that the first appearance at the college ..... as new starters we had to congregate in the canteen and this dear lady came out and shouted 'CLAITS?' (I thought she said Plates), then 'Anyone for Assertive Classes?' ... there were loads that said 'YES ME' - oh come on I would have expected no one to answer to that question at all, if you can stand up, say yes & wave in a room full of strangers then you don't need the class.
There was then the chap who answered to 'Water Colours?' who dropped all his brushes in the rush to get to class. (Mid 40's and lives with his Mum is my guess on him)

What is left ? Internet dating??
How does this work? You could pretend to be who ever you choose to be. A brain surgeon (ok not on my case), a Solicitor? A Doctor? All well and good in a responsible role play situation but getting that as the truth in the first place it isn't going to happen.
I am more fortunate than Sunny as I live in a large city, she lives in rural England and if someone doesn't recognise her from her profile then I am a Dutch man !!

I confess to trying the internet route once in a rash of random boredom and I must say that there were a few lovely chaps who chatted to me in a hyperspace sense but when I saw their photo they reminded me of Jabba the Hut........ sorry I do feel bad about that.

We both need some advice here and any would be appreciated...... there must be some lovely chaps out there looking for equally lovely ladies?

The only possible fly in the ointment to searching this year isn't it the Year of the Rat????

4 comments:

Daddy Papersurfer said...

All men are rats ....... except those that aren't. Does that help?

Randompom aka AEIB said...

Very helpful as always Daddy P......

Jeanette said...

All rats arent't rats. I've met a few friendly rats who like eating carrots, so they must be okay.

Randompom aka AEIB said...

lets hope we manage to flush out the carrot eating ones (mmm what are the chances of that then??) ;-) x