Sunday 20 July 2008

Our body's what more do we need?...

My mate Krees has not been convinced to start a blog... he says he would lose interest after a few posts .... but has allowed me access to a load of photos that he has taken (and I must say they are fabulous)

I have always been acutely aware of body language. As much as we try to disguise it, the real me/you comes out. It tells a wealth of information. The folded arms means you are not comfortable in the situation you are in so you choose to protect you body. The flight or fight when your face reddens, your body naturally pumps with adrenalin for the fight or maybe the 'get on your heels and run away'. This part I really had to recognise in my former job... was he/she about to run or punch me square in???


There are also the comforts you adapt when faced with talking to huge room of strangers (if you look at Prince Charles he always holds or touches his cuff when delivering a speech)
Mine is putting my hands behind my back and holding my hands together.

It is fascinating to watch people in public how they interact.. the formal business type meetings in public places and the flirty pick up scenarios..... we really are an exquisite species to behold.

So this brings me (albeit in a round about way) to Krees's photos. This batch are of footballers .. doing what they do ... playing, smiling and confronting .. also the crowd when there is nothing going on. How bored do they look????





This made me laugh.. a great photo for 'Spot the Ball'

8 comments:

Daddy Papersurfer said...

I've always been interested in body language and rely on it quite heavily - it's one reason I don't like using the phone. The TG however, is very good at 'sussing' people out using the handbone ........ that's why I avoid calling her ..... [am I off subject enough now? - tee hee]

Anonymous said...

"the handbone"?!

Anyway, moving swiftly on...body language is a wonderful thing. I love 'people watching'. Sitting at a pavement cafe, with a glass of something nice, just watching the world go by is one of life's great pleasures.

crpitt said...

Guess what?
I totally forgot this was your blog!
Yep I am stupid :)
I use to love love Gary speed, even when he has that scary shouting face :)

I am also a big observer of body language, well learning to be more observant anyway. My tell is probably messing with a necklace, that's why I like long dangly ones (necklaces!).

I also don't like using the phone.

70steen said...

daddy P you need to recognise fight or flight I imagine quite a lot.....
handbone? is that like a tellingbone?

70steen said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Randompom aka AEIB said...

DP what 70s said *snigger*

Randompom aka AEIB said...

Diane ... I know that expression certainly has a different meaning oop Norf!!

Cafe life is a must isn't it? Sadly these days I do't seem to get that time to sit, chill and observe. Where I work now we tend to hit Starbucks for meetings and I am often caught out just gazing lol

Randompom aka AEIB said...

Claire - Who did you think I was ;-)

Is that Gary Speed? You know I wouldn't know him if I fell over him... but I would now.
In your chosen career body language must be a must so you can tell what is comfortable and what is not.

I am ok with the phone with friends, can chat for hours ... I learnt that as a teen lol but I have the uncanny knack, like TG, for detecting the voice tones too, knowing who is friendly and those who just P me off instantly :-)