Sunday 6 July 2008

so this is summer......




In true British tradition the summer is not shaping up too well. I think I have noticed it more this last 12 months due to having a puppy.
One day last week, I took the pup out just wearing jeans and t-shirt. I just got to the very back of the field behind my house and the heavens opened. I had been watching the evil black clouds grouping over head, thinking 'wow, they are so fascinating!'

I made a run for a large group of trees and sheltered there for a bit... then the thunder & lightening started. Time to make a run for it. I cut out of the field through someones front garden (they weren't home form work yet) and legged it for home. One of my neighbours stopped his van & I thought 'awww he is going to give us a lift' ... alas no, he wound his window down and shouted 'are you completely mad??' ..... 'mmmm yes possibly' I called back.

Anyway today, so not to go stare crazy me, the teen and pup headed off to Sale Water Park.
We used to go a lot when teen was a wee one to feed the geese... until there was an incident involving a large goose & small persons mitten.




I took these photos of the pylons that straddle the park... fearsome creatures that they are. Then played about with them... to make them look even more fearsome.


I do like the way these went after a bit of warping

Normal


Dancing


Dragon

8 comments:

Daddy Papersurfer said...

Your pup was only wearing jeans and a t-shirt!!!! poor thing...... and exactly what is going 'stare crazy'? - too much television?

Dancing pylon ...... excellent.

Randompom aka AEIB said...

She has a rain coat too but obviously forgot to put it on her lol

mmmm maybe I should have put stare crazy in " "... as it was exactly that... too much 'America's Next Top Model', 'Animal Rescue' etc etc

Just love how the pylon came out :-)

Anonymous said...

Love scary pylons best...

DP is soooo picky. Ignore him, I knew what you meant.

Daddy Papersurfer said...

I strive for perfection ..... I enjoy a challenge .....

Randompom aka AEIB said...

Hi Diane and welcome to the quiet zone (except for DP of course lol )

Yep I do try to ignore him but he does have his uses occasionally :-)

Randompom aka AEIB said...

DP ~ & how is care in the community going ??

The Rev. said...

I like the "Dancer" myself-

(Not that the others aren't great also!)

On another note, isn't under a tree the worst place to be during a storm....? Just a thought ;)

-The Rev.

Randompom aka AEIB said...

Yes Rev you are right it is the worst place to shelter hence the 'leg it away'... I believe it is because they explode!!!

The dancer is cool but still love the dragon the best :-)