Sunday 14 September 2008

indian summer........


Despite my 'glass back' which is giving me so much pain just now. My dear mother expected me to visit her yesterday.

When I arrived I realised she wanted me there so she could fuss around me, cook for me and hope to make the pain go away........ the long journey was so worth it and appreciated.

She is in her late 70s and can't travel to me, so the way she sees it is that I go to her (despite cringing as I 'folded' myself into the car, after getting the pup in and delivering my teen to her dad's ... propped up and in no pain until I attempted to 'unpeel' myself out of the car again)

The sun was shining and I was at the sea side..... so I 'folded' myself back in the car and drove us down to the beach.......... Oh I am so glad I did.
We walked along the shore, getting our feet wet in the puddles left after the sea had retreated. My 70 years plus mum walked faster than me (which did her soul so much good), my niece ran with my pup (which did the pups soul good and my nieces too, she said how alive she felt running along the shore) and I watched all this (which made my soul leap)



6 comments:

Daddy Papersurfer said...

I can relate to the car thing - I'm still touching wood.
Very glad you managed a lovely day out ...... the sloping horizon must be quite difficult to cope with though - tee hee

Randompom aka AEIB said...

yep it was a great day out ... in fact I am convinced it is that piece of sunshine I will see until next year...

sloping horizon was sooo tricky hee hee

sylvie d said...

ouch ouch ouch...I hope my daughter will be as good as you when I am older...I have doubts...we are busy fighting over hair straightners at the moment...(I won't let her burn her hair - does that make me a bad person?)
Hope you feel better soon x

Randompom aka AEIB said...

Sylvie- yes it is an eye opener. My daughter has already said that she will be appearing on Children in Need as I have asked her to hoover the house & pick up a few things off the floor. It will hit her really hard in October when I have a shoulder op and will be in a sling for 2 months. I think the 'duty' thing kicks in later in life

A bit of advice ...just give up the fight over hair straighteners .. I did the 'fool you' trick and got some not so hot straighteners for my teen.. they worked great until a friend came to stay with GHDs... saying that natural hair is 'in'.. thank goodness (I had visions of having a bald child due to too much straightening!)

Anonymous said...

Sorry to hear that you are having trouble with your glass back. But if you will go about getting body parts made of fragile substances, then you have to expect this sort of thing. Just how long do you thing those paper feet are going to last? Hmm? Hmm?

Incidentally, I used to go to university with a guy called Andy Glasscock. You could always see him coming.

Randompom aka AEIB said...

Mr Woooopeet glad to see you back at it again :) I have missed you a strange un nerving way....

Paper feet was not a great idea as I live in one of the wettest parts of UK ... I tell you I have to keep taking them back to the shop as they get all soggy and drop off...

Andy Glascock *snigger* I bet he's never had that said to him before ... not :-)