Monday 5 November 2007

Fire Works

Re reading a recent entry about my dream - how about this:

When things come together in a way which is truly significant (like in a dream), the interface between the psyche and the world becomes apparent. In and out of sleep we are still a part of ourself. Its that in sleep our conscious self is hard to reach.

Are we not visited by 'messengers' when we dream and when we are awake?
In so many cultures the sleep part of life is as important as the awake bit.

And I've been reading more about the fantastic artist, visionary and poet William Blake.
His work illustrates the parallels between the vision of self transcendence and and Buddhist tradition's (meditation) .

We get so wrapped up by meaningless cotton wool, that we ignore the most crucial part of who we are.
Its good to look at the work of artists, or writers or explorers or scientits or musicians or all of us....just to keep getting perspectives.

So in a dream, what are we dreaming about: is it ourself or is it of wishes or realities or is of messengers from others.
I met a man in my dream and I hope I meet him, he was offering a gift, some sort of truth.

2 comments:

Randompom aka AEIB said...

well strip me naked and slap me with a wet fish, as I live and breathe Sunny you have posted YIPEEEEE

Great piece. I used to read a lot of Blake too many years ago now to mention but he was such a visionary as you say. I think it is time to step back in a have another look :-)

Anonymous said...

I love the work of William Blake too