Monday 5 November 2007

More works less fire

Tonight Guy Fawkes was a black inky night, a few random fireworks and a bonfire, hot pumpkin soup, a crackling barbeque, and people sitting with scarfes and mulled wine....it was pitch black aside the fire. And the stars.

And how great it is to sit with people who look up and describe the formation of the constellations and name them, and everyone swivels their necks to find more patterns above.
And then i go home and listen to one of the most rewarding of bands...'The Jayhawks' (Rainy Day Music or Smile)...and listen to the words, and then sink into some satisfying warmth.

If Guy Fawkes was around today... would he have been described as a terrorist?

And why do people buy newspapapers? They don't tell news really do they, don't they sell misinformation...well in my opinion, for what thats worth

2 comments:

Randompom aka AEIB said...

How I envy you the clear skies of the country....... what you describe reminds me of that wonderful party a few years ago we went to, the open fires, the easy company, the impromptu music sessions and the same star gazer who sat telling me each of the constellations, truely idyllic... Oh and not forgetting the transvestite cabaret act of course lol
p.s. well you already know my 'hate/hate' relationship with the press!!!

misterwoppit said...

Hi Sunny. I reckon if Mr Fawkes was around today, he'd have a hell of a lot more support than he did back then. In fact, I imagine he would be a regular guest presenter on Have I Got News For You.