Thursday 8 November 2007

wordy stuff...........................

I am not particularly flamboyant with words but do admire those who are (thank goodness for on-line thesaurus's)

Tonight I received an email where someone one along the chain of e mails has taken the time out to rearrange words into different words.... clever but 'too much spare time on their hands' springs to mind

DORMITORY = DIRTY ROOM (can't make 'ers room out it though)

ASTRONOMER = MOON STARER (impressed)

DESPERATION = A ROPE ENDS IT (even betterer!)

THE EYES = THEY SEE (why couldn't I see that?)

GAUTENG = GET A GUN (had to look it up ... subtle)

THE MORSE CODE = HERE COME DOTS (dashed if I'd of got that?)

SLOT MACHINES = CASH LOST IN ME (wow how true)

ELECTION RESULTS = LIES - LET'S RECOUNT (surely not they are always honest!)

SNOOZE ALARMS = ALAS! NO MORE Z 'S (that should be on your snooze button)

A DECIMAL POINT = IM A DOT IN PLACE (clever)

THE EARTHQUAKES = THAT QUEER SHAKE (what can I say?)

ELEVEN PLUS TWO = TWELVE PLUS ONE (spooky)

MOTHER-IN-LAW = WOMAN HITLER (hee hee)

I am compelled now to come up with some.... will have to sleep on it (best I could get from that was a poor 'sheep wain o' tilt love')... yes I know time for bed

3 comments:

sylvie d said...

That's really good!

Randompom aka AEIB said...

Isn't it?
I was just wondering if the plural of Thesaurus is Thesauri???

Anonymous said...

Did you know that NIGEL MANSELL is A LINE OF SMEG? Well, nearly.