Sunday 4 May 2008

a cock stride....................

I have a puppy.... well she is 13 months old now but she is still 'my puppy'.
She has her twice daily walks in the field behind my house but every Wednesday night my friend and I take her for a good 2 hour hike.

Although I have lived where I do for a good many years now I still don't know the nooks and crannies of the countryside that is a cock stride from my house. My friend does, however, as she was born here and had explored widely when she was growing up.

The lighter nights are now with us and what a joy it is to wander through the countryside in the evening sunshine after battling with inner city traffic. To watch my puppy discover horse manure for the first time and her rub her face in it like it is heaven!! [why do they do that??]

I have decided to take a few snaps of 'my Wednesday countryside' hikes, to show how green and lush the north-west of England really is .
This set are not particularly good but you get the gist I hope!
.......England's Green & Pleasant Land'







5 comments:

Daddy Papersurfer said...

A nice long walk in the country is an excellent way of recovering from a full and frantic weekend ...... why I thought of that, I have no idea.... mmmmmmm

Daddy Papersurfer said...

Please note that I made no mention of the title of this post ....... it's killing me !!!!!!!!!

LT said...

a long walk in the country is an excellent remedy for most ills including family tension!!!!!! :-P

whatta ya mean about the title it is a quaint olde Northern English expression ....
http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=cock's+stride

Anonymous said...

lovely pics :-)

Randompom aka AEIB said...

Than you NM and how wonderful it is to see you back :-)