Friday 16 May 2008

walk, click, walk .........


I have described on here a few of my walking routes to the office and yesterday I chose route 3.
This is my favourite route in so I decided it was time I took a few photos, but with a difference.
The challenge was to strap the camera to my right hand, not to stop walking and 'randomly' point & click as I went along.
It was great fun -ipod in, sun shining, camera in my hand what more could I ask for?
I was amazed how well they turned out too. :-)

The pictures have only either been resized or cropped out where I see an interesting bit ..... enjoy.

The way to work>>>>>>


Castlefield and part of the Science Museum
My favourite blue post box & the Ox









& on my way home>>>>>




at the end of this street is where they film Coronation Street. There are always folk hanging about to get a glimpse of the characters (a bit sad!!)





& into the train station

You should try this, it is great fun and don't look at what you have taken until you down load....... them

7 comments:

Daddy Papersurfer said...

If only I went to work! Pictures of the bedroom, the hall, the kitchen, the bathroom and hundreds of pictures of the sofa - boooooooring - tee hee.

Blue letter box!!!! Blimey, it's different up .......... there

Randompom aka AEIB said...

mmmm that would be an interesting range of photos ..... you could do it whilst out shopping. I was thinking I may do it next time I am food shopping, the possibilities are endless lol

Love that blue letter box, it is the only one that is blue, however....

Randompom aka AEIB said...

just had a random thought .... the title sounds like I need a hip replacement lol

sylvie d said...

that's a cool post! what a good theme!my way to work is such a short one...upstairs...downstairs....kitchen...and office...
I can sense a little photo competition on its way ;)
I love these pictures...I am visiting Manchester for sure...;)

The Rev. said...

I like the idea - sadly, pictures snapped through the windshield of my car would probably be slightly less interesting...

Perhaps instead I'll snap photos on a backpacking trip this upcoming week.

Oddly enough, I lived with a guy from Manchester in college for a year - fantastic 'bloke'. ;)

-The Rev.

Randompom aka AEIB said...

oh Sylvie you live in such a beautiful place it would be so much fun to do this say walking to the park.....
You know you will get a fabulous Northern welcome when you visit :-)
I will take you sight seeing & shopping of course

Randompom aka AEIB said...

Pete ~ like the sound of some random photos taken this way whilst back packing ...... oh please have a go and remember, no looking at them until you down load them :-)

So what was a Manchester lad doing over at college in Memphis???
WE are lovely up North :-)