Friday 23 May 2008

peony pleasure....

My peony is out. What a fabulous vibrant flower.
Unfortunately that means just one thing............ we are in for some harsh weather.
For the whole length of time that I have inherited this beautiful plant in the garden, which I must say it is so persistent to show me what is about, (it has been dug up when new fencing was put in and replanted) it is always hard wind and rain that follows its bloom!


My advice to this flower is 'don't bother to bloom.... because as I type the rain has started battering down'

6 comments:

The Rev. said...

Once again, fantastic photos!

Sorry for the poor weather....it's sunny and warm here, not to rub it in or anything... ;)

-The Rev.

Randompom aka AEIB said...

Thank you Rev :-)

I am hoping it picks up here. But hey I am British & am always hopeful of the random weather we are dished up is good :-D

Daddy Papersurfer said...

I knew it had to be someone's/thing's fault ........ I never would have guessed it was that dratted peony ....

Randompom aka AEIB said...

oops sorry Daddy P .... I knew deep down this little plant was responsible for the weather ... can't bear to banish from the garden though!!

Anonymous said...

i love peonies

Randompom aka AEIB said...

NM~ they are just so beautiful aren't they? :-)