Sunday 25 May 2008

simply streets ahead.........


I have had a fabulous day in my home city today.
As part of the city of culture celebrations Liverpool held the Streets Ahead Festival .
It is an elective mix of entertainment .... live shop mannequins, Angels on wheelie things, balancing acts, street hop, art and huge talent from around the world.
I was able to collect many images of the day. But what filled my heart was the sound of laughter I heard regularly and folk talking to one another which simply doesn't happen in day to day life... an intense feeling of everyone around me just simply enjoying themselves and smiling.

This act was the first thing I came across.... from Catalonia, Spain ' Osadia' the most talented artists using us humans as their canvas, transforming ordinary folk into works of art with weird hair do's. I was soooo hoping to be picked but sadly it was not the case.






Then as we strolled around we kept seeing the works of art. I wonder how they slept tonight with all that wire in their hair???



7 comments:

The Rev. said...

Nice shots!

And, now I've finally got some inspiration for a long overdue appearance overhaul...

Daddy Papersurfer said...

Fabby fabby! and sooooo kitsch.

Randompom aka AEIB said...

Thanks Rev - I must say it was one of the most fascinating things I have seen in a long time. My teen was rooted to the spot for hours watching the creations.

oooo when you your appearance overhaul do let us see.... :-)

Randompom aka AEIB said...

Daddy P I thought you would like it... your are quite right Fabby Fabby :-)

Anonymous said...

LOVE those shots

Randompom aka AEIB said...

thank you Nurse Myra it was such a fun day :-)

Randompom aka AEIB said...

thank you Nurse Myra it was such a fun day :-)