Thursday 11 October 2007

an afternoon to remember

As I have mentioned before I was fortunate enough to see the premier of The Pianist at the Manchester Museum of Science and Industry earlier this year as part of the Manchester International Festival.
I am now on the Festival e - mailing list and those lovely people have sent me the latest newsletter today. In it they have announced that The Pianist will be broadcast on Radio 4.
If you do nothing else this year I would recommend you tune in, lie back in your comfy chair, relax, close your eyes and throughly enjoy the experience of this masterpiece.

Quoted from the Festival e - mail
Radio 4 will be broadcasting The Pianist which premiered at this year's Festival, on Saturday 20 October at 2.30pm – 3.30pm. The Pianist, based on the memoirs of Wladyslaw Spzilman, received outstanding reviews and is narrated by actor Peter Guinness, with the music of Chopin played by concert pianist Mikhail Rudy. 'A potent tale of triumph over tragedy…recommended'˜˜˜˜ The Times

6 comments:

Daddy Papersurfer said...

I love laying back in my comfy chair - good advice.

Randompom aka AEIB said...

yes that is such a cool place to be ... complete relaxation and something wonderful to fill you.. so remember the 20th :-)

Daddy Papersurfer said...

Pardon?!!!!!

Daddy Papersurfer said...

Oh you mean Radio 4 ...... phew

Daddy Papersurfer said...

Sorry, I thought I was visiting 70's for a minute.

Randompom aka AEIB said...

Daddy P a bit of decorum please ;-)