Sunday 21 October 2007

english not so abroad

I have been rooting tonight through photos. It is a thing akin to my sorting books... I never get that far!

I have heaps of old photos that I know not where the places are and think 'why on earth have I kept this?'
Not so this one.

A couple of years ago me, my 'er and my Mum went to stay at my brother's in Kent and we went for a day out in Deal.

Mum being in her 70s had to have some home comforts.............. a seat, a brollie and something to read whilst Me & 'er messed about on the beach.

I looked back at my Mum whilst hunting for fossils and interesting stones and laughed, I so had to take this photo....

There is not a soul about and there she is happily reading her magazine in comfort .................

It is a classic for me

7 comments:

Daddy Papersurfer said...

I love shingle beaches. A lot of my drawings from way back contain stones. Spookily I did a painting very like that piccy.

Randompom aka AEIB said...

I too love stones.... my teen was well taking the mickey out of me this summer as I photographed the pebble beach....... not laughing quite so hard when she needed 'images of textures' for Textiles ('Mum you know those pictures you took of the beach? Can you print them out for me???)

Anonymous said...

yep that's a pretty cool photo

Randompom aka AEIB said...

Thankyou NurseyM ... it is a bit Montey Python esque don't you think??

Daddy Papersurfer said...

I hate kids - horrible invention

sylvie d said...

Amazing picture! Deal is where I had my first taste of England! Only 13 at the time I stayed in a family to whom I could not talk...scary memory!

Randompom aka AEIB said...

Thank you Sylvie. I bet it was a scary memory for you I wonder how exchange students cope, I know my teen would find it all a bit daunting