Friday 5 October 2007

making an exhibition of .....

Well Sunny has persuaded me and others into doing a roving exhibition capturing a specific, yet fluid theme, across the UK.
So far there are 10 people signed up (inc me & herself but apparently there is more interest in the wings).

The idea is that each artist secures a venue in their area to display the exhibition and her parting shot before she jetted off to Portugal was 'You realise that you will be responsible for the exhibition in your area which means you will have to house all the artwork whilst it is on the move when it is up by you !'

Oh my goodness what a responsibility I will have to find space to secure 10+ artists work (safely).
She has her end of the deal sorted and we have a brilliant venue at the Courtyard, Hereford booked in 2009. Enquiries have been made in London and up here at the Lowry (although nothing has been finalised)

I am in a bit of a panic (did I say a bit? I mean a HUGE panic) as the other folk involved in this venture are actually real artists, 3 x painters, 3 x illustrators, 1 x photographer, 1 x poet & 1 x writer (ok 70s isn't either) I am down as 'mixed media' which thankfully gives me a free reign

I have promised myself tomorrow a planning day for this exhibition. I have an idea which I have already drafted out but is a bit complicated to follow so I need to re think and simplify it but it is along the lines of some altered books I did a while ago in relation to the Spanish Civil War... it is a bit like cutting and sticking stuff but with a certain amount of thought and mind process/story involved

2 comments:

Daddy Papersurfer said...

I cannot work out why you are friends with 70's - still there you go.
Mixed media - the best - I am a great fan of ScissorShop myself.

Randompom aka AEIB said...

Just put a link in for the Lowry going to have a look at that exhibition this afternoon .... thought it may explain about 'Up North' for you
ScissorShop is fun with loads of PVA, Gesso and spray mount mmmm :-)

(70s is lovely)