Thursday 18 October 2007

i'm going

You may remember this month I posted a piece about a Giant girl and an Elephant.
The link was sent to me by my cousin and he has come up trumps again (thank you CK)

As you may know or may not know, depending which part of this planet or indeed which part of the UK you live in, Liverpool was voted City of Culture for 2008.

Now being a Liverpool lass from birth and way back in one part of my family history to C1795 I am so very pleased about this.
I love my birthplace, it is heaped with history (some of it is not so sweet with the slave trade but as those higher up the pecking order have said 'we are sorry' but at the end of the day we can not carry the hair shirt of our ancestors, we can only do what we think is right at the time of our existence on this planet and we learn as we go along....... I often wonder how we will be judged when we are no more..............)
But I do love Liverpool with a passion as a city, it is my roots (I am trying to embrace the changes however!! some of which I will be so positive about but find a bit foreboding )
.
My cousin sent me link this weekend about 2008 and it's plans to celebrate the accolade it has been given :-

"Commissioned by Liverpool Culture Company for European Capital of Culture 2008. In May 2006 something incredible happened in London. For four days the city stopped in its tracks and marvelled at the sight of a gigantic wooden elephant, and a little-girl giant in a green dress. A million people jammed the streets, astonished at the scale and beauty of the spectacular Sultan’s Elephant . Now Artichoke, the company that brought that event to London, is planning a magical new show, created specially for Liverpool 2008. The precise details are a closely-guarded secret, but what’s certain is that it will be huge in scale and utterly unlike anything seen in Liverpool before: an unforgettable piece of live theatre, played out against the landmarks of a great city. Will you find it? Register now for updates and you just might...www.willyoufindit.co.uk ."


There is loads going on in 2008 and the the new magical event is scheduled for 26th - 28th September 2008

Just to say I will be going .. want to join me?

6 comments:

Randompom aka AEIB said...

I have tried and tried to get the spacings right but to no avail... sorry for the run on of writing without a break!!

Daddy Papersurfer said...

Give us a break.

This is old news - a friend told me about it already.

You're so slow.

Randompom aka AEIB said...

oh I am terribly sorry Daddy P I did mean to post it when I got the information it was very tardy of me but have been a tad busy lately.......
Did you know the date though? I have just updated the post!!!

Daddy Papersurfer said...

I can read you know!

No I hadn't noticed actually ... whoops

Sugarqueensdream said...

I really enjoy your Blog , You have such beautiful things to say....
Sugary Hugs!

Randompom aka AEIB said...

Hi Sugar Queen. Thank you so much for dropping in from across the 'pond' as they say
So glad you enjoy it and although I don't post as often as I should I hope that what I say is meaningful
Take care and lovely to meet you please keep looking in as I will your blog :-)
x